Hatch Baby is a VC funded start-up in Menlo Park, CA. We are reinventing the baby nursery with a series of smart products and services designed to make new parenthood easier.
Released in 2015, our first product, the Smart Changing Pad, is a connected version of the traditional diaper changing pad that allows parents to easily track baby’s weight and breastfeeding amounts. The companion app gives parents insights into their babies' growth and health over time. Following quickly on the first success, Hatch Baby is continuing to build out the suite of smart nursery products, releasing 3 new products in 2017: (1) Rest - night light, sound machine, and OK-to-wake, (2) Listen - fetal doppler, and (3) Grow - second generation smart changing pad and scale. Releasing new products and launching in several large retailers, join Hatch Baby and help us reinvent the modern nursery!
We are actively seeking a Vice President of Operations, responsible for all aspects of the Company’s manufacturing and supply chain operations. This is a critical leadership position within the Company as it continues to establish itself as the leader in the market.
- - Establish strategic direction and set goals for the manufacturing operations of the company, including growth management, cost, quality and delivery.
- - Lead strategic sourcing for components and manufacturing services across the company including negotiating pricing, terms, and contracts with all suppliers ensuring the lowest total cost of ownership.
- - Responsible for developing and maintaining the executive level relationships within the supply base.
- - Tackle and solve challenging start-up problems that require resourcefulness, creative thinking, collaboration, and often with less than complete information.
- - Directly manage operations with Asian manufactures, supporting business needs in regional time zones by telephone and international travel.
- - Direct employees, external resources, contract manufactures, vendors and third-party logistics vendors as required to build and ship and the Company’s products.
- - Manage the effort to establish and maintain compliance with both domestic and international standards required to ship the Company’s product into and out of target markets.
- - Work with the CEO and Executive team on cross functional issues with regard to scaling the company.
- - Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap. Monitor and analyze scrap and rework data. Directs the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- - Establish and manage the manufacturing engineering and quality functions as required by the business.
- - Work closely with both internal and external engineering organizations to ensure design standards are considered.
- - Highly flexible working environment, supporting ability for remote work location. Ability to meet locally on a weekly basis for internal company meetings and functions is required.
- - Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- - 7-10 years of combined large and small company (VC backed Consumer Electronics Startup experience preferred) experience supporting the launch of consumer products and electronics from prototype to high volume.
- - Must have had increasing levels of management responsibility, with emphasis on Operational and Supply Chain roles.
- - Direct hands-on experience managing international contract manufacturing (EMS) operations, including experience in China.
- - Must have a working understanding of NPI, HW, and SW development processes, as well as engineering trade-offs and decision-making in a start-up environment.
- - Experience in the materials management of high volume electronics, custom plastic and mechanical parts, from planning through procurement, negotiation, and execution/administration of procurement agreements.
- - Experience in creating international supply chain architectures including vendor selection, qualification and EMS contracts.
- - Proven ability to drive continuous cost improvement programs within all aspects of manufacturing and supply chain.
- - Ability to establish inbound quality control processes for materials and components.
- - Extremely organized, ability to set priorities and meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- - A strong and proven background of “rolling up the sleeves and getting dirty”. Doing whatever it takes to achieve the results for the business with a clear attention to detail.
- - Doer, self-starter, thrives in a startup environment. A strong desire to be a part of an entrepreneurial environment with a solid work ethic.
- - Recruiting, hiring and management of high-performing individuals and teams.
- - BA/BS or MS in operations, manufacturing, supply chain, business administration or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline.