Having trouble connecting to your Rest? Please try the following:
(1) Move closer to your Rest.
While the system is designed to operate at a range of 30 feet, obstacles like walls or metal, as well as other Bluetooth® devices, may affect connectivity. Move closer to make sure there's no interference.
(2) Make sure Rest is working (without your phone).
Tap the touch ring at the top of the Rest and see if it turns on. Do the same with the buttons on the bottom of Rest. If the lamp does not turn on, please reset the device by inserting a paper clip into the small hole on the bottom of the device (below the power button). Hold for 5 seconds. Try the touch ring and the buttons again to see if the Rest is responding.
(3) Force quit the Rest app.
If you're not sure how to do this, double click the Home button to bring up the fast app switcher. Swipe to the Rest app, and touch the app card then flick it up and off the screen.
(4) Re-open the Rest app.
Open the Rest app and see if you are able to connect successfully to Rest.
(5) Send us a note!
Still not working? Let us know through the app or by emailing email@example.com.
Worked? We still want to know that something might have gone wrong. Let us know what happened.
Known issues we're currently working on:
- If you edit or disable a program, close the app, and then reopen the app later, the program has been erased or reset. We are working on a fix but in the meantime avoid editing or disabling a program. It's best to just create a brand new program or delete a program.
- Sometimes when you connect to the lamp you get stuck on a blank/blue screen. If this happens, try killing the app and making sure you are within ~30 feet of your Rest. Also double check that your Rest isn't frozen by tapping the touch ring and/or any of the buttons on the base. (See #2 above)
- Sometimes when you try to install a firmware upgrade, the upgrade fails. Simply try again; the upgrade is usually successful the second time.